Dear Hospice Patient, Family Members and Caregivers:
I would like to take this opportunity to share with you what Seasons Hospice is doing to mitigate risk during the current COVID-19 pandemic. As always, we adhere to recommended infection control practices. Considering the pandemic, we have given additional in-servicing to our staff so that they are informed and empowered to provide quality care to hospice patients by the safest means necessary.
- We have screened all staff for risk factors related to travel and exposure to others who may have travelled. We have instructed staff about the signs and symptoms of potential infection with COVID-19 and have given them a directive to stay home if they or any of the members of their family are exhibiting any of these symptoms.
- We have reinforced infection control precautions, including droplet precautions.
- We have encouraged staff to take only needed supplies/equipment in to visit hospice patients and that all equipment is to be disinfected after use.
- We have increased our daily cleaning/disinfecting of surfaces in our offices
- We are asking screening questions of patients with each visit to determine if any patient or family member is potentially exposed and needful of investigation.
- We have adopted the CDC guidance for keeping the workplace safe to include:
- Alcohol based hand sanitizer placed at entrance/exit and around the office
- No handshaking
- Limited travelling
- No food sharing (potlucks)
- Promotion of good handwashing technique
- Increased signage related to how to prevent COVID-19
As a care provider, it is imperative to our teams to ensure we are observing the safest practices to ensure the protection of our vulnerable population. If you should have any questions, feel free to contact me at 417-890-5533 or via email at email@example.com.
Lindsey Huffman, RN, Administrator